Chris Anderson has over 15 years experience within top-flight design. He has worked on over 50 brands in his career to date, including Art Directing the biggest selling men’s lifestyle magazine in the UK: Men’s Health. Recognised within the industry as a creative force for his multi-disciplined skill set Chris’ much acclaimed work has often received Industry votes. He was hand-picked to redesign and Art Direct Kerrang! - the UK’s biggest selling music weekly magazine, to great success.
Chris’s design approach has always been resolutely commercial and in 2012 he made the move into the Brand Partnership and Advertising division of Hearst-Rodale as Group Art Director of the biggest selling lifestyle and fitness titles in the UK: Men's Health, Women's Health and Runner’s World. He quickly reinvented the companies visual approach giving solutions that blended his editorial creativity, his advertising polish and his acute commercial sensibility, which was key in securing the largest creative solutions campaign the Hearst-Rodale group had ever booked. This ran across seven territories globally breaking new ground for Hearst-Rodale and Samsung. Through working with additional high profile clients such as New Balance, Puma, ASICS, Colgate, Timberland and Estée Lauder, video content became a key part of each campaign leading Chris to extend his talents to video directing, working closely with external producers and filmmakers. Through multiple outputs, uplift was immediate and Chris’s work led the commercial team at Hearst-Rodale to exceed their conversion rate for new business.
SOME OTHER KEY POINTS:
• Shortlisted for the Bauer Media Awards 'Cover of the Year Award 2012' (Kerrang! - My Chemical Romance)
• Shortlisted for 'Best Use of Social Media' for ASICS Target 26.2 at the PPA Ad awards 2014
• Breadth of editorial, commercial, marketing experience.
• Led the commercial team at Hearst-Rodale to double their conversion rate for new business.
• Worked with some of the biggest sports brands in the world, including ASICS, Puma and New Balance
• Worked with some of the biggest lifestyle brands in the world, including Timberland, Casio, Superdry, H&M and Samsung
• Chris’s redesign of Kerrang! magazine and all brand extensions helped increased weekly sales by 33%
• Chris set up a marketing business as a side line in 2008 and retained all clients to become part of the FastRock family. Clients includes TeamRock, Hearst-Rodale, Bauer Media, Agfa-Gevaert France and the Official Charts.
• Fluent in French.
• Chris is a Digital Magazine Awards judge
SEE CHRIS ANDERSON'S LINKEDIN PROFILE HERE: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisandersonfastrock