A highly-skilled, multi-award winning Creative Director with a wealth of experience in managing the identity and the art teams of some of the biggest and best brands in the UK. Ian has art directed some of the world’s most accomplished photographers to shoot the biggest talent on the planet. Always innovating and pushing the boundaries of print technology he has a proven track record of creating some of the most memorable work in his field over the last decade. A natural Creative Director, with a love of the conception, execution and presentation of ideas, shoot direction, creative collaborations and discovering and mentoring new talent.
Ian started his career in magazines where his work has achieved unrivalled success. In 2008 his work was awarded the Industry’s vote for the ‘Favourite Ever Magazine Cover’ by the PPA. He was also recognised as creating a ‘Cover Of The Century’ – for his EMPIRE 'Breathing Vader' cover – one of only ten covers selected from one hundred years in publishing. This was awarded and exhibited by the PPA in 2013. He won the Emap/Bauer Cover Of The Year Award an unprecedented 3 times (2005,2008,2010), his work has also been chosen for both the BSME Innovation Of The Year in 2005 and a PPA Creative Innovation Of The Year in 2008. In 2009 he was shortlisted and won the Cover Of The Year for the inaugural Maggies, winning both in it’s category and overall winner for his Q Magazine Lily Allen cover.
For over a decade Ian was the Creative Director of EMPIRE magazine, Q magazine and Top Gear magazine before forming FastRock.
SOME OTHER KEY POINTS:
• Under Ian’s Creative Directorship EMPIRE magazine became the biggest movie magazine in the world where the title enjoyed it’s best ever circulation figures. He also produced the highest ever selling issue, selling 250,000 copies.
• As Creative Director of Q Ian’s creative regularly received press in all the major newspapers and leading weekly magazines.
• Ian’s Redesign of Top Gear in 2012 was rolled out to 28 International editions of which he oversaw.
• He has art directed some of most high profile talent in the movie and music world including Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Rihanna, Jay-Z and Sir Paul McCartney.
• Now an established automotive art director Ian was personally chosen by Ferrari to redesign The Official Ferrari Magazine in 2014.
• In 2015 Ian took his 16 years of experience into a new area creating FastRock, combining his editorial edge and advertising polish. They retain Ferrari/Condé Nast as a client along with Universal Music and The Soho House Group.
• Ian is a Talenthouse judge
SEE IAN STEVENS'S LINKEDIN PROFILE HERE: HTTPS://UK.LINKEDIN.COM/IN/IANSTEVENSFASTROCK
Chris Anderson has over 10 years experience within top-flight design. He has worked on over 50 brands in his career to date, including Art Directing the biggest selling men’s lifestyle magazine in the UK: Men’s Health. Recognised within the industry as a creative force for his multi-disciplined skill set Chris’ much acclaimed work has often received Industry votes. He was hand-picked to redesign and Art Direct Kerrang! - the UK’s biggest selling music weekly magazine, to great success.
Chris’s design approach has always been resolutely commercial and in 2012 he made the move into the Brand Partnership and Advertising division of Hearst-Rodale as Group Art Director of the biggest selling lifestyle and fitness titles in the UK: Men's Health, Women's Health and Runner’s World. He quickly reinvented the companies visual approach giving solutions that blended his editorial creativity, his advertising polish and his acute commercial sensibility, which was key in securing the largest creative solutions campaign the Hearst-Rodale group had ever booked. This ran across seven territories globally breaking new ground for Hearst-Rodale and Samsung. Through working with additional high profile clients such as New Balance, Puma, ASICS, Colgate, Timberland and Estée Lauder, video content became a key part of each campaign leading Chris to extend his talents to video directing, working closely with external producers and filmmakers. Through multiple outputs, uplift was immediate and Chris’s work led the commercial team at Hearst-Rodale to exceed their conversion rate for new business.
SOME OTHER KEY POINTS:
• Shortlisted for the Bauer Media Awards 'Cover of the Year Award 2012' (Kerrang! - My Chemical Romance)
• Shortlisted for 'Best Use of Social Media' for ASICS Target 26.2 at the PPA Ad awards 2014
• Breadth of editorial, commercial, marketing experience.
• Led the commercial team at Hearst-Rodale to double their conversion rate for new business.
• Worked with some of the biggest sports brands in the world, including ASICS, Puma and New Balance
• Worked with some of the biggest lifestyle brands in the world, including Timberland, Casio, Superdry, H&M and Samsung
• Chris’s redesign of Kerrang! magazine and all brand extensions helped increased weekly sales by 33%
• Chris set up a marketing business as a side line in 2008 and retained all clients to become part of the FastRock family. Clients includes TeamRock, Hearst-Rodale, Bauer Media, Agfa-Gevaert France and the Official Charts.
• Fluent in French.
• Chris is a Digital Magazine Awards judge
SEE CHRIS ANDERSON'S LINKEDIN PROFILE HERE: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chrisandersonfastrock